On-site Device & Media Disposition Service
The following is a list of questions frequently asked by customers and potential customers about Revert's On-site Device and Media Disposition Service.
- Q: What IT assets are supported?
IT assets that contain storage are sanitized before processing. IT assets that may be processed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Disk storage systems and controllers
- Workstations, desktops, and laptops
- Tape libraries, controllers, racks, and drives
- Printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners, ink/toner cartridges
- CRT and LCD monitors, televisions
- Network equipment, including hubs, routers, switches
- Telephones and PBX systems, cell phones, and smartphones
- Uninterruptible power supplies, power supplies, batteries
- Hard disk drives
- Portable storage media, including tape media and optical media
- Q: Does Revert use sourced labor?
Revert does not source labor to other companies, choosing instead to incur all travel costs associated with sending Revert employees to the customer site.
- Q: What certifications does Revert hold?
Revert has earned and maintains the following international standards certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- Q: What standards does Revert follow for service delivery?
- A: Revert ensures compliance with electronic waste management standards that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Revert ensures compliance electronic waste management regulations and legislation that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance (ADISA)
- Basel Action Network (BAN) Electronics Recycler’s Pledge of True Stewardship (e-Steward)
- Responsible Recycling (R2) Standard
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WasteWise Program
- National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
- Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
- Recycling Industry Operating Standards (RIOS)
- Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal (Basel Ban)
- European Union Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
- U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Electronic Waste Recycling Laws – 25 U.S. states
- Q: What sets Revert apart from other companies providing eradication and destruction services?
Revert sets itself apart in the marketplace in the following ways:
- Having and maintaining certifications for their quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety management systems (ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007)
- Offering customers comprehensive, serialized reporting that is audit ready.
- Having experience with nearly every storage system and magnetic media device on the market.
- Maintaining state of the art service delivery processes to ensure successful and auditable service delivery.