Revert uses state-of-the-art, purpose-built degaussing and destruction appliances or shredding trucks (if/as required) specifically designed to physically destroy portable storage media on-site, preventing unauthorized access to data and assuring chain‐of‐custody integrity. Revert complies with rigorous industry regulations and governmental legislation regarding data privacy and protection of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI).
We generate detailed reports and certificates of destruction by media serial number, which provides audit-worthy and verifiable assurance that portable storage media was destroyed in compliance with internationally-recognized and published data sanitization standards. Whether degaussed, destroyed or shredded, media or remnants are securely transported to approved and certified facilities, where they are recycled into raw materials or renewable energy in full compliance with state, local, and federal government regulations and legislation.
We support all portable storage media types, capacities, and form factors, including hard disk drives (HDDs), solid state disks (SSDs), and flash storage, including:
- Audio tape reels and cassettes
- Video tape reels and cassettes, e.g. VHS, Beta, D-3
- Data tape reels, e.g. 3420
- Data tape cassettes, e.g. DC, QIC, MLR, SLR, Travan, VXA, 4mm DAT, 8mm DDS, Mammoth, AIT, 9840
- Data tape cartridges, e.g. 3480/3490, 3490E, 3570, 3590, 3590E, 3592, LTO1-6, DLT/SDLT, 9940
- Data disks/diskettes, e.g. 3.5”, 5.25”, and 8” floppy, Zip, RDX
- Optical disk, e.g. CD, DVD, WORM
- Microfilm, microfiche
Revert destruction services address any need, including:
- Backup or batch processing failures
- Tape and/or data retention period expirations
- Technology refresh