Hitachi Vantara is the only flash vendor - and Revert the only service provider certified by Hitachi Vantara - that offers a data eradication solution that exceeds the recommendations set forth in the U.S. National Institute of Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-88 Revision 1: Guidelines for Media Sanitization and ISO/IEC 27040:2015: Information technology — Security techniques — Storage security. The solution ensures that all user block data, including data in overprovisioning spaces that are inaccessible to the user and host(s), is physically erased and verified.
- All user data, including data in bad blocks and over-provisioning spaces, is physically erased and verified. FMDs are then securely transported without risk of loss or compromise of user data.
- Operational data about the device, such as wear leveling, is preserved. Therefore, the FMD can be redeployed, extending the potential lifespan of the device.
- FMDs eradicated using Revert’s HAF Data Eradication Service can be returned under warranty terms after all user data has been eradicated and verified, and any remaining warranty credits remain in force.
- A certificate of data eradication is issued for every FMD where the service has been successfully completed. An on-site physical destruction and recycling service addresses any FMD that fails to complete the data eradication process.
- Data sanitization exceeds the recommendations set by U.S. National Institute of Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-88 Revision 1: Guidelines for Media Sanitization. This reference document for compliance addresses Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and other government legislation and regulatory standards for ensuring data privacy, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Revert’s HAF Data Eradication Service is available for all FMDs installed in the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) family and Hitachi Unified Storage (HUS) family models.