On-site Disk and Portable Storage Media Physical Destruction and Recycling Service
The following is a list of questions frequently asked by customers and potential customers about Revert's On-site Disk and Portable Storage Media Physical Destruction and Recycling Service.
- Q: What reporting will I receive after the media destruction service is delivered?
Revert supplies two (2) reports for on-site disk and portable storage media physical destruction and recycling services. The first is a master service delivery report that covers all media that is destroyed. The second report consists of individual certificates of destruction for each media unit successfully destroyed. Both reports are delivered to the customer electronically in a non-editable PDF format.
- Q: Does Revert use sourced labor?
Revert does not source labor to other companies, choosing instead to incur all travel costs associated with sending Revert employees to the customer site.
- Q: What certifications does Revert hold?
Revert has earned and maintains the following international standards certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- Q: What standards does Revert follow for service delivery?
Revert ensures compliance with internationally-recognized and published data sanitization standards and guidelines that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Revert ensures compliance with electronic waste management standards that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- United States Department of Defense (DoD) 5220.22-M (Sanitization) NISPOM
- United Kingdom HMG IA Standard No 5 (Destruction)
- United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-88 Revision 1: Guidelines for Media Sanitization
Revert ensures compliance with electronic waste management regulations and legislation that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Asset Disposal & Information Security Alliance (ADISA)
- Basel Action Network (BAN) Electronics Recycler’s Pledge of True Stewardship (e-Steward)
- Responsible Recycling (R2) Standard
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WasteWise Program
- National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
- Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
- Recycling Industry Operating Standards (RIOS)
- Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal (Basel Ban)
- European Union Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and WEEE2 Directives
- U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Electronic Waste Recycling Laws – 25 U.S. states
- Q: What sets Revert apart from other companies providing media destruction services?
Revert sets itself apart in the marketplace in the following ways:
- Earning and maintaining certifications for their quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety management systems (ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007)
- Offering customers comprehensive, serialized reporting that is audit ready.
- Having experience with nearly every storage system and magnetic media device on the market.
- Maintaining state of the art service delivery processes to ensure successful and auditable service delivery.
- Q: What media can be physically destroyed on-site?
Revert can destroy the following media types on-site:
- Hard disk drives
- Solid state disks
- Audio tape media (reels, cartridges, and cassettes)
- Video tape media (reels, cartridges, and cassettes)
- Data tape media (reels, cartridges, and cassettes)
- Optical media (CDs, DVDs, RW)
- Flash Storage (CompactFlash cards, SD cards, SIM cards, USB “thumb drives”)
- Smartphones and tablets
- Q: What does Revert do with the shredded media remnants?
Revert delivers shredded media remnants to approved and certified regional recycling partners for final physical destruction and responsible recycling. All recycling partners maintain management system certifications (e.g. ISO 14001:2004) and hold either e-Steward or Responsible Recycling (R2) certifications.
- Q: What is included in on-site physical destruction of media?
Revert offers the following services when delivering on-site media destruction:
- Standard physical destruction (includes only destruction and single, non-serialized destruction report)
- Full inventory and serialized reporting (includes certificates of destruction for each media item)*
- Removal from host environment*
- Degaussing of media (as applicable) prior to removal and transport from data center*
* Includes additional fee over standard service delivery